Yes, I’ve been jetting off to the East Coast for all of my shenanigans. I am thrilled to be home and have quite a few fun projects lined up to share with you all, but that’s for a later blog post.
Chicago was fabulous! It was beyond my expectations. I got to travel with two of my really good friends, both of whom have been before and they did not disappoint. We were there for 5 days and while I missed WareBear – I enjoyed myself a little too much.
I couldn’t possible give you a breakdown of the entire trip, but here are some tidbits that I cannot pass up on sharing.
- Good thing I did not pack frugal, because we loaded up the cab and bell hop cart to the max.
- Ended up drunk on the day we arrived (I had one glass of water, the entire day) – I enjoyed a little too much alcohol and threw up in a hole in the wall bar (twice).
- Wrigley Field is amazing! We all indulged in buying our own Cubs shirts, Chicago dogs, and a nice large cup of beer.
- I threw up in a seedy bar’s trash can and bathroom – not my finest moment. So disappointing that I have to mention it twice…
- POPS for Champagne needs to be in Dallas. It may be my new favorite place of all time.
- The Book of Mormon was HILARIOUS. Haga diga everyone who didn’t like it.
- I may or may not have slept in bright red lipstick and smeared it all over three pillows.
- I indulged in chocolate.
- The Museum of Science and Industry bought out the inner nerd in me.
- A dear friend from high school lives in Chicago and I had the pleasure of reconnecting over dinner with her. Perfection to the trip.
- We made another trip to POPS for Champagne. We NEED one in Dallas.
The trip was awesome. Of course, I am already back in business with work and sewing. I am very excited to share my latest project. I’ve poured my heart and soul into it, so I cannot wait to share.
So happy to be back!