Another weekend gone and this is the last week of summer hours at the job. I’m a little in denial with the fact that the entire summer is nearly gone. I’ll be back to my Monday – Thursday 9:00 – 5:30 and Fridays 9:00 – 3:00. I am far from being ready for that, I’m enjoying these Fridays off.
What makes this going back to work even harder is that Dallas lost an icon this weekend. Growing up in Dallas and listening to 106.1 KISS FM, you were guaranteed any given morning to hear the reliable voice of Kidd Kraddick in the Morning.
It’s the morning show that has defined generations and made dreams come true in so many different ways. Everyone has their own stories to what Kidd Kraddick in the Morning has done for them. Kidd sent me to an *NSYNC concert, the person I heard the breaking news about September 11, 2001 from on my way back to school from drill team practice, and my sanity as I embarked on a 25 mile drive to work every morning. He was much more than a radio personality, he was a friend. Kidd and his team were the group of friends that you vicariously lived through because of all the crazy antics they pulled.
When I first heard the news on Saturday night, I was broken. Why did he do that last bit on Deathbed Confessions? Why at the Kidd’s Kids Charity event? How are Big Al, Kellie, J-Si, and Jenna handling this?
What is Monday morning going to be like? What the hell is every morning going to be like after this?
A huge void has been left in Dallas and I’m not sure where else to go from here. Kidd always said it best keeping looking up cause that’s where it all is…
The rest of my weekend was pretty much filled with booze and thrifting.
- I found my new favorite bottle of wine, its appropriately named Middle Sister – which fits me, since I am the middle sister. Friday night was spent drowning half the bottle while watching House of Cards on Netflix.
- I hit up Urban Thrift this weekend and scored some jackpots. Including this box of tiles, which will soon become lots of gifts (coasters, name plates, and so many more ideas). Items Totaled $5
- Also from Urban Thrift – found this gnarly painting that someone dropped off and this Sew Perfect Cutting board. Items Totaled $5
- A slew of fabric scraps from Urban Thrift. Items Totaled $3.50
- Urban Thrift had this laying around so I picked it up. I’ve seen how Gidget uses them in her house to display things. This is my second one to date. Item Totaled $1
- WareBear and I ventured out on Saturday night to our favorite haunt, The Flying Saucer. We had an extremely late dinner with friends and planned the labor day party of the year. It may get cray.
Drinking and thrifting, couldn’t ask for a better weekend…
And here we are starting another week – I’m celebrating my 100th blog post and I am trying to get away a few of Sevi’s Favorite Things! Check out the post and enter away, raffle ends on Monday, August 5.
Go and check out everyone else’s weekends with Sami!