Last night I had the pleasure of attending the SWBS Fall Fashion Show at TOOTSIES. Not only did I have the pleasure of attending, I took Mia with me and was able to be the moral support (aka blogger mommy) for Lindsay, Stephanie, and Valery.
Before I get into that, please look at how fabulous Mia looked last evening! I gave her the hardest time of her foolery of “I can’t be a fashion blogger” or “I’m not fashionable.” She looked absolutely stunning and I was happy that she was my plus one for the evening.
I snapped pictures and cheered on my favorite ladies as they made their fashion show debuts, but didn’t leave completely empty handed on my fashion pick ups for fall.
- Fringe is back and I must invest. You can’t go wrong with fringe draping your outfits this fall, so go out and start looking for trains of it.
- Blazers and moto jackets are continuing into the fall, which is great! I firmly believe a blazer can take you anywhere. You can pair them with dress, skinny jeans, or leggings.
- Sam Edelman may be my new favorite shoe designer. Honestly, go and browse now. That man is everything! Oh and he has sage advice “trust fashion, it never lies.”
- Fur (faux fur for yours truly) is going to be the game changer this fall. Invest now!
TOOTSIES has all the esstenials, so be sure if they are in your budget to check them out. I’m a diva on a budget, so I’ll be making due with Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call.
The fashion show was great, but the real show stopper was in Eva of Eva Duplan Illustrations. Yesterday, she started following me on Instagram and amongst the chaos at the voyager I wasn’t able to look at much of her work. It wasn’t needed because not only did I meet her, but I was able to see her in action.
I can tell you two things:
1. I’m insanely jealous of the sheer amount of talent she has with her illustrations.
2. She was incredibly kind and humble.
She sketched three of the outfits from the show, then another 4 people who were just in attendance.
The Southwest Bloggers Society has had an incredible summer of events that I have been lucky to attend and summer isn’t even over yet. Jasmine does a phenomenal job of coordinating these wonderful events for bloggers and I commend her for her time she dedicates to the Dallas blogging community.
Here’s to next time!
Websites to check out: