It’s official. I bit off much more than I could swallow.
Please give a moment of silence to the cupcake quilt. My lofty ambitions and the power behind Indigo LaRue’s perfect little hum got the best of me today.
I sat down to finally start the quilting and binding of the cupcake quilt. About 20 minutes in – my head was on the table, all the profanities you could muster had been spewed, and I was googling a variety of other projects to make up for the epic fail this one had become.
1. Don’t attempt such an intricate and time consuming piece while working (full time) and going to school.
2. The smaller the pieces, the longer they take to piece together.
3. Don’t attempt to stitch in the ditch these intricate pieces – must conquer free motion quilting in order to really make these projects worth all the effort and time placed into it.
4. Don’t sweat the small things. It’s one project and it won’t be my last.
So back to the project round up:
Cupcake Quilt – Yes, I just need to quilt and bind this daunting piece.Fat Quarter Surprises!
- My Own Quilt – Need to finish piecing squares and adding borders.
- Chrissy’s Quilt – Border needs to be added, need to find backing and get batting.
- Baby Blanket
- New pillowcases
Just a small setback to my achieving my inner sewing goddess.