Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. ― Lauren DeStefano, Wither
Fall has always been my season of reflection. Its the time of the year when you really start to reflect back on where the rest of the year has gone, how close the new year is approaching, and the accomplishments that you’ve completed or are slowly working towards. The feeling of rebirth starts to settle over you as a crisp chill fills the air and leaves gently fall from the trees.
Fall is a beautiful season, that graces us with the greatest of treats. If you know me, you know I love treats! So today I’m going to share my absolute essentials for the fall and a nifty way that I am going to score all of my goodies.
1. Hot chocolate and apple pie – Nothing says fall more than a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a warm slice of apple pie. This is my fall comfort and guilt-free food, that warms my soul and always cheers me up. I’m looking forward to having both of these sweet treats back in my life.
2. Bath and Body Works 3-Wick Candles – As soon as the fall scents hit the stores, I’m one of the first people in line to stock up! Walking into the crisp scent of fall leaves or sweet aroma of pumpkin anything just soothes all of my daily stresses away. These candles are life and I couldn’t live without them.
3. Scarves – My fall wardrobe is based around accessorizing each and every one of my outfits with a scarf. It’s my weakness and I will happily admit that. Whether its your regular run of the mill or infinity scarf, its just my niche. With the cooler weather that fall brings, I am going to be able to pull out my favorite scarves and go to work.
4. Blazers – Forgive me as I continue this fall fashion trend with my obsession with blazers. I own quite a few and fall allows me the freedom to wear on every day if I really want to. My eye has wandered to a few different ones that I’ve been wanting to pick up for my closet. Luckily, Texas is holding on to these last few weeks of summer for dear life.
5. Boots – The boots for fall 2014 have been too irresistible to pass up. Like the responsible adult I am, I’ve been holding out for my birthday to splurge on myself. DSW, Target, and Nordstrom all have boots that I’m basically ready to throw myself at because they NEED to be apart of my wardrobe. Just a few more days….
I’m capitalizing on the fact that my birthday is coming along and everyone loves to buy gift cards, its the easiest gift to get the lady who wants it all. Each year I face the predicament in which, I spend endless amounts of time walking around a store that I’ve received a gift card for and have no desire to buy anything from. Most of the time, I eventually find something but what if you had the chance to change that.
That’s where Raise.com comes in! Raise.com is a marketplace that is geared to buying and selling gift cards. The beauty of this is simple, I’ll be able to avoid that awkward hour of dragging David around some store trying to stretch a $25 or $50 gift card. Raise.com
On the Raise marketplace, you can find discounted gift cards on a variety of different brands or restaurants with free shipping on any gift cards purchased. With those unwanted gift cards (any brand or restaurant), you can easily list them on the marketplace to earn some extra cash (to use to buy even more discounted gift cards).
With just a few days away from my birthday, its good to know that I’ve always got this option if I do receive any gift cards that I can sell to buy another gift card to a place I could really go to.
Sevitember is shaping up pretty nicely!
Disclaimer: A post in collaboration with, but not sponsored by, Raise.com.