This is the weekend! Dallas Comic Con Fan Expo is here and if you are a fan of anything comics, sci fi, horror, anime, or gaming related, this convention has you covered. The convention circuit is very familiar for me as a regular at Fan Days and Walker Stalker Con, so I wanted to provide you with a three basic tips to help you survive the weekend.
Print out a program and game plan!
It never hurts to have an idea of where you need/want to be at various times. The program is available online (http://fanexpodallas.com/2016-show-program/) and helpful with all of the panels, photos ops, and celebrity signatures you may want to get. Plan your weekend or day accordingly to make sure that you have an ample amount of time to visit the retailers/exhibitors for all the goodies to shop.
Be prepared with cash before hand
While the Dallas Convention Center has ATMs, I highly recommend that you take cash out in advance. The lines can become quite cumbersome as people scramble to score photos, autographs, and other goodies from the retailers/exhibitors. Save yourself the hassle and stop by the ATM before heading down to the Convention Center. You’ll avoid the fees (if your bank doesn’t reimburse you) and save yourself a long wait in lines.
Follow Dallas Comic Con on Twitter
The team behind the social media for Dallas Comic Con Fan Expo are very diligent in providing updates to any changes in the schedule. With such a large crowd expected to attend the annual convention, you better believe that things may change at any given time. Prepare yourself by staying up to date and informed on photo op, panel, or guest changes. Have a question – shoot them a quick tweet and I’m sure they can help you resolve any issues. If they don’t, be on the lookout that other diehard fans may see your tweet and be able to help out as well.
Perks for Fan Days 2016
• Pay for parking in advance with Parking Panda (https://www.parkingpanda.com/dallas-comic-con-fan-expo-parking?ref=dcc)
• Fan Expo Official After Parties (http://fanexpodallas.com/official-parties/)
• Complimentary Admission for all children 12 and younger with the purchase of a paid adult ticket at Dallas Comic Con
• Visit the Fan Expo website for the 2016 attractions (http://fanexpodallas.com/attractions/)
• See a movie at Alamo Drafthouse Dallas (www.drafthouse.com/dfw) location and receive a FREE popcorn by flashing your Fan Expo ticket or badge!
Dallas Convention Center
650 S Griffin St.
Dallas, TX 75202
Friday 4 – 9 PM
Saturday 10 – 7 PM
Sunday 10 – 5 PM
Tickets and packages (tickets, exclusives and perks) to Fan Expo Dallas start at $25 and can be purchased online (http://fanexpodallas.com/tickets/) or at the box office on-site. Ticket prices are:
- Friday: $25 advance, $30 door
- Saturday: $50 advance, $55 door
- Sunday: $40 advance, $45 door
- 3-day pass: $89 advance, $95 door