My wee little baby has started walking and is mastering the art of talking! I cannot believe that I have been back at this for an entire year. Instead of giving you my sappy post about how much I love my blog and its my sweet little place on the big interwebs – I’m going to keep it real.
These are my ten insights I’ve learned this year while attempting this blog deal – for real this time.
- Blogging can be more than just writing an internet diary, open to the entire world. People actually start to care and read because you generally have something good to say. I appreciate the fact that I have faithful people that stick around to stick around. Thanks, I appreciate it.
- Grad school, full time work, a husband, and a blog – do not mix. Nope, they don’t. Trust me.
- So much for sewing and posting fancy shit on the blog….I am slowly hoping to start back on my projects, because I miss Indigo LaRue. See above for why my time is consuming.
- Not everyone is going to like you and that’s fine. I didn’t come here to kiss ass. I came here to write (and most of the time I am drunk doing it). Nobody is perfect and in the blogging world, that doesn’t matter – people always gonna hate.
- The blogging community is a diverse world of beautiful people. Some of the blogs that I read are hilarious, while others are just a touching tug at my heart strings. That’s what has made this year so wonderful, getting to know the vast world of people willing to share every aspect of their lives on the internet.
- You can’t keep a blog a secret. I constantly let it slip that I wrote about something on my blog.
- Beyonce porn has become one of the most searched terms that leads to my blog. I don’t think people like what they get when they arrive to find no porn whatsoever.
- It’s best to set a plan for your blog ahead of time. Wish I would’ve known that from the start and not drunkenly stumbled into this a year ago. It’s ok, I’m here now and ready to go.
- You cannot fucking do it all. I GET THIS NOW. Unfortunately, I have really been stressing myself out with the fact that I cannot read all of my favorite blogs and comment. It would literally take up most of my day. So I am a Facebook browser like no others. I read a post here and there to keep up, but come March I will be back in action without school to worry about.
- “Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!” ― Dorothy Parker
Happy Birthday to my little blog of mine! The light of my life. My creme de la creme! Here’s to another year of mayhem. Here’s to another year of living in a drunken stupor. Here’s to the good times!