They get Ware is the Vodka?!?
You’re probably thinking, twice in one day…really?!? What possibly more could you have to say Sevi!
It’s a Texas Women Bloggers link up and I couldn’t miss it! For any of your new followers or the veterans who would like to know more about me, here you are:
1. What part of Texas do you call home? Dallas, more specifically Carrollton (a little suburb of Dallas), it’s cute and pretty family oriented. WareBear and I actually both grew up in the area, so it’s practically our hood.
2. How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging since the days of Xanga (I said it, XANGA) and Blogger (before it got all the fancy upgrades) on and off. Ware is the Vodka?!? came along after a night of lots of drinking in December 2012 and my proclamation that I missed blogging.
3. Why did you start blogging? In high school, it was my outlet to strangers. While I was in California, it was my way to stay in touch with my family and keep them updated on life in general. Now, it’s for the fun and games as I play wife, career woman, social drinker, dog momma, craft (sewing) maven, and life of the party. I started blogging because every once in a while you just need a reality check and somebody you can say hey I get her!
4. When we visit your blog, what can we expect to discover? Foul language, drinks, and a wannabe Martha Stewart! You’ll get honesty, randomness, enlightenment, and alcohol.
5. How did you come up with your Blog Title and what is its meaning? Ohhhh good question, I married into Ware and if you ask WareBear I am notorious for spouting off at the most inappropriate times that I need a drink. It could be under my breath in a subtle whisper or loudly because I am that thirsty for some liquid courage.
6. What do you love about being part of Texas Women Bloggers? It’s a community of women who all support each other and I love that. All too often women are our biggest enemies and we aren’t very nice to each other. To see the support and love between bloggers is magical. Jack Johnson stated it best, we are so much better together!
7. Who inspires you to blog? Other bloggers hands down for sure, I’ve been fortunate enough to have my blog sponsored on so many powerhouse blogs that I don’t even feel worthy when I see people click from their blogs. I’m all like STAY THERE, THEY ARE SO MUCH COOLER THAN ME! I will say, I have some loyal readers who are the first to leave a comment, like a FB post, or send me a text message that I am Mrs. Fancy Pants for something that I’ve written about (Elise, B, Tiffgyver, and Lisa Girl). Oh and Beyonce, because I hope one day she stumbles across my blog and realizes that we were meant to be BFFs for life and I need to be B.I.C.’s nanny….
8. If you could pick a favorite blog post from this past year, what would it be? Just one…I would have to say a recent one that I posted about What’s Good Hair? All too often, people look at me in a different manner because I rock an afro without a care in the world. The misconception and labeling of who I am is unwarranted and happens too frequently. This was my insight into a world that a lot of people don’t know exists for me, every day of my life.
Newbies and veterans, there you have it – the wonderful world of Sevi. I hope you’ve enjoyed it. If you are a Texas Women Blogger, I can only hope I am exciting enough for you to want to stick around. If not, c’est la vie!