Stephanie from Geek Glam here! How much do I love Sevi? Let me count the ways… From the first night we met at Midnight Rodeo for a blogger happy hour, I knew she was a person I could look up to. (Not just because she is much taller than me and was rocking an amazing updo of braids that night).
I shouldn’t have been surprised given the name of her blog that she would have the sage wisdom of how to properly order a drink from the bar. I took one sip of that delicious sweet tea vodka on the rocks with the juice of three lemons and thought to myself, she gets me. When the “Cupid Shuffle” started playing, Sevi was the only blogger to jump up and join me on the dance floor.
Since that night, I’ve enjoyed getting to know Sevi more—bonding over shopping, civil rights, and life in general. Today’s blog is a tribute to her and two things we both enjoy— “Orange is the New Black” and Vodka.
I wish I could review the season and talk about all the awesomeness that happened, but some of us (coughSevicough) haven’t gotten past the second episode!! So instead, I’ve created a (hopefully) delicious concoction that is perfect for drinking in the summertime while binge-watching Netflix.
Orange is the New Vodka Recipe
Serving Size: 1
- Absolut Mandarin Vodka
- Ozarka Sparkling Water, Mandarin Orange Flavor
- Orange Sherbet
- Orange Slice for Garnish
1) Add 2oz of Absolut Mandarin Vodka to a glass. I used my favorite mason jar mug from Pottery Barn because it just embodies southern summertime to me.
2) Pour in the sparkling water (substitute with orange soda or 7up if you prefer a sweeter drink). Be sure to leave enough room for the sherbet in the next step.
3) Add two scoops of orange sherbet (if you can only find rainbow sherbet, like me—try to get as much orange as possible)
4) Stir the drink together until the sherbet is blended and add a slice of orange as garnish.
5) Go sit on the couch, turn on Netflix, choose “Orange is the New Black.”
6) Enjoy and relax—“you’ve got time”