What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
A more truer slogan couldn’t exist! After last week, I needed my lady friends and a vacation more than ever. Nothing could’ve prepared for what the weekend had in store.
Instead of giving a day by day recap (because that would be too much), let’s stick with the highs and lows of Las Vegas 2014!
- The food was amazing! Mon Ami Gabi, Secret Pizza Kitchen, Holsteins, SHe by Morton’s, Terrace Point Cafe – these are just to name a few of the great establishments we were able to dine in style. Trips are literally planned around where we are going to eat all of our meals.
- The High Roller at The Linq was phenomenal (especially because it was free) and it was beautiful site to see. Being 550 feet on top of the world, peering down at the late night Vegas sky was magic. The view was breathtaking!
- Strangers! If you know me, then you know that there is not a person I meet in my life who is a stranger. NONE! I failed that stranger danger lesson of school. Meeting people is so much fun and exhilarating for me. To dig into where people come from, where they are going in life, and what brings them out to play is just intriguing. Little did I know that I would make so many fun friends along the way. I don’t regret a single moment of meeting my friends.
- PURE Nightclub + open bar for ladies + bottle service buddies = Sleeping in red lipstick and the same outfit that you wore out to the club.
- If you need to see a Cirque show in Vegas, please go and see the Michael Jackson ONE. I cried. I sang. I was at the edge of my seat in pure joy. When Man in the Mirror played, it took me to places that I never thought I would ever go again since losing Michael Jackson in 2009. It was worth every dime and so much more! David already knows that I want to go and see it again, because it was that good.
- Traveling at the crack of dawn is never cool and doesn’t get any better when you have 4 ladies and 10 bags. By the time you get off your flight, eat breakfast at a local diner, and finally check into your room. All you want is a nap!
- Las Vegas decided to have a record breaking weekend with the temperature highs. Saturday was a sweltering 102 degrees and I am pretty sure nobody wanted to move. On top of that, the wind became so unbearable I wanted to run every place I was going.
- Britney Spears: Piece of Me was an utter disappointment. There are not enough words to explain how lackluster her entire production was. If you can’t sing, go out there and dance your ass off. If you can’t dance, go out there and belt those lyrics out. Poor Britney couldn’t nail either of them and it showed. After leaving the show, I felt bad for Britney. Then it dawned on me as she extended the show into 2015 that I feel bad for all of the people that get duped with tickets to this show.
- Falling asleep in full makeup, same clothes, and hungover with random selfies in your phone. No other words are needed for this low point.
- If your suitcase is too big, they will place a CAUTION WHEN LIFTING tag on it. I may or may not be guilty of this crime.
And now I’m back to reality and trying to gather my life back together. I don’t want to say I forgot about losing my father last week, but I did do my best not to harp on it the entire time I was out of town. I needed to allow myself to enjoy my vacation. I walked into a clean house, a sweet note from my husband, and a ton of mail from friends and family. Among all of that mail, sweet notes of love and encouragement that time will help heal all the pain that I will continue to feel.
Lots of things upcoming in the next few days and I look forward to jumping back in the saddle!